- Soak the dal and rajma over night in warm water
- In a pressure cooker, add Dal, Rajma, salt and water and boil it. ( 5 to 7 whistles)
- In a pan, add oil and onion.
- Cook till onion gets brown.
-Add ginger and garlic paste.
- cook for 2 minutes and add tomato puree in it.
- Cook for more 5 minutes.
- Add salt , 1/2 tsp chili powder, coriander powder and coriander leaves.
- Add this Tadka in to the boiled dal.
- Let the dal boil for 10 minutes.
- Take a small pan and keep it on low heat add butter and 1/2 tsp of the chili
powder and garam masala.
- Pour it over boiling dal.
- Daal Makhani is ready.
- Topple it with fresh cream before serving.
1 cup black dal ( udad)
2 tbs rajma (red kidney beans)
1 tbs oil
1 tbs butter
1 chopped onion
1 tbs ginger paste
1 tbs grlic paste
3 tomato ( puree)
1 tsp chili powder ( kashmiri chili powder )
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala